Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sparkly New Ritzkrieg References



I was supposed to start chapter 6 of my webcomic Ritzkrieg today but can't be at home til next week and I have no way to scan them in til then unfortunately... I decided to update the character references, which were now a little over a year old.  I've learned a lot about my characters and how to draw them through doing the comic, updating the refs was a lot more fun than the initial stuff!

Fredrich has pretty much always been the same, I've only had to work on improving my ability to actually draw him.  A friend and I originally wrote the story together and he was her creation, she did a fabulous job.  Eva, on the other hand, has gone through a lot of changes.  I didn't really know a lot about the time period when I first started, but now that I do it's been tricky getting Eva to look like "herself" when changing hair and clothes.  I purposefully make her clothes more youthful than her age, a personality quirk, and while bangs were generally pinned back in this time, Eva's sort of got a Jean Arthur thing going on.  I dunno, it's a lot of fun to work with these characters and this story, I hope I redo these again next year and make 'em look even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment